Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tool # 3

    I visited You Tube and Discovery Education (although Discovery Education would not let me post videos, but I do find a lot of great things for the children on this site).  I frequently use both of these video streaming sites to enhance a lesson.  The children are always engaged in the fun learning these videos can provide. 


    I thought this video could be useful for our bird unit we study in 2nd grade.  The students would be able to hear the sounds/songs the bird they might be studying would make.




    I thought this video could be useful for our ocean unit we study in 2nd grade.  It is a very cool way for the children to take a field trip underwater.

    I learned that only the copyright owner has the right to their work. All other people must pay for  copyright permission. The copyright only lasts for fixed amount of time. Then it goes to public domain. This means that it will be free for anyone. I was surprised that if children want to use someone's work, they just have to do some transformation from the original work.

    I will have my students go to my Dropbox to access files that I put in there to supplement lessons. They can use videos in there, share documents, and it can be used as workstations.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment